Wednesday, September 08, 2010

MiFi Update: T-Mobile Makes It Work

Round two with the MiFi.  I spent half an hour at the T-Mobile store in Berlin this morning.  Now we're cooking with gas.  Correct SIM card is loaded and funded, service is activated, and has been working flawlessly for three days.

As for the MiFi itself, you realize quickly as you're walking through the IFA trade fair that four hours of battery life is far from enough.  It's a pain to keep digging into your briefcase to switch the device on or off.  Alternatively, I can attach my HypermacMicro to the device in my bag, in which I get a solid 8-12 hours out of the device, but that's an act of desperation....there's no battery left for my iPhone should it need recharging.

Overall, T-Mobile's service is great and and the price is right - just 5 Euros a day for unlimited mobile broadband.  At 150 Euros for the month, a bit overpriced, but for a business traveler comparing that to the high prices or poor service of hotel internet, a bargain.

The Front Entrance at IFA: The Beginning of a Very Long Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment