Friday, September 15, 2006

Seriously: How much does it really cost to go to New Jersey?

Every time I get in a cab and go to New Jersey, I get a completely different fare. In the last month, I've been told:
  • It's a flat fare
  • It's meter and half
  • It's meter plus $23
  • It's meter plus $15 and tolls to/from the destination
On Friday morning at 5am, on my way to catch a flight, I finally got fed up. Not only did the cab driver charge me meter plus $23 but he took the slowest route I've ever seen and kept strictly to the speed limit. It's not until someone actually drives the speed limit that you realize how freaking slow it is, especially at 5am. So, how much does it cost to go to New Jersey? 1. To Newark Airport: Meter + $15 + round trip tools 2. All other destinations: subject to negotiation

Where did I learn such incredible wisdom? The New York Taxi & Limousine Commission website.

No comments:

Post a Comment