Monday, August 21, 2006

You Tube: Nobody's Watching - From The Hardware Business, That Is



I love shopping mall ninjas as much as the next bored office worker. Ok, I don't really, but I'm constantly amazed at how much amateur schlock appears on YouTube. Still, from time to time, I find myself sitting and surfing YouTube for the latest videos. My personal favorites so far are, of course, Nobody's Watching, the sit-com pilot posted last month and the music video Chaiyya Chaiyya.





I also see, in YouTube, the future of the consumer electronics business. Content created consumers will increasingly constitute a tremendous portion of what goes around on the internet. Schlocky it may be, but there is an endless demand for it. Why is it, then, that there aren't many makers of consumer electronics that make it easy to instantly create and upload videos and images. Simple, seamless content creation could be a competitive advantage for companies, too bad none of the major CE manufacturers seem interested.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:13 PM

    the nobodys watching guys apparently were valets at the emmys (or dressed like valets) who got in the audience

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PGWDDjXj28

    ReplyDelete