Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In The Battle To Go Paperless, Let Postful Do Your Mailing

One of the things I hate most about companies is when they provide you with a PDF form that you can fill out online and then - oh yeah - print and mail.  I spent a lot of time away from home traveling for work and I don't like to spend my time at home doing things that could be done in other locations.

I've already been doing a good job of getting things electronically or scanning them.  These days, I tend to receive my mail, scan it, and shred it.  But when I need to print things out or submit forms, it's still a lot of hassle.

I recently had to submit a reimbursement form to Kaiser Permanente for my son's ER visit.  To get it done and mailed, I go to through the following hoops to keep it all online:


  • Annotate it using Apple's Preview application.
  • Sign it using AnnotatePDF on my iPad
  • Merge it with the scanned receipts using CombinePDF on my Mac
  • Mail it using Postful
If someone could just combine all these applications into one, that would be very powerful.  Postful is one of the most exciting applications.  You can send them PDF files as an attachment with an address in the subject line.  They will print and mail your document for you.

Prices are not super-cheap, but for the ever-decreasing number of forms that actually need to be printed and mailed, it's hard to beat.

A Postful Confirmation

No comments:

Post a Comment